The Walking Dead: Tell it to the Frogs (#1.3)
This episode marks the halfway mark for the first series of The Walking Dead and I must say that I was a little disappointed with this episode. The 1st two episodes were a perfect mix of action, emotion and suspence, but I felt this episode focused too much on character development and didn’t balance it with any action. I felt ‘Tell It to the Frogs’ took its foot seriously off the gas pedal compared with the high action based first two episodes, something that a 6 episode series can’t afford to do.
That said… here are the few points that summarise the third episode:
- The mall survivors make it back to the forest camp, with Rick reunited with Lori and his son, Carl. It turns out it was Shane, Ricks police partner, who informed Ricks family of his ‘death’. Although it is unclear whether Shane knew the truth himself.
- Daryl, the brother of roof-top handcuffed Merle, returns from hunting and instantly attempts to attack Rick after hearing that Rick was the person who detained his brother.
- A zombie is found beside the forest camp attacking a dear. The survivors fear this is the start of more and more zombies filling the hills from the cities.
- Glenn, Daryl, Rick and T-Dog return to Atlanta to free Merle. When they get there they find he has freed himself by sawing off his handcuffed hand.
- Lori breaks off all relations with Shane now her husband is back, causing Shane to be filled with rage. This rage is quickly vented when he see’s a fellow survivor being abusive with their wife.
Episode four is only round the corner so we don’t have long to wait to see whether Rick and the team manage to find Merle. Also will Shane continue to go berserk in the camp? Will any more zombies shuffle their way into the forest camp while both man-power and weapons are away in Atlanta?
This continues into episode four of The Walking Dead.